off season activities

Winter has finally arrived here!  The big lake is frozen over, ice shanties are inching farther out of the bays, and we've had enough snow that the skis and snowshoes have been put to use.  Waiting on another round of snow to start today, and the high is a balmy 9 degrees.  I love it. 

Inside I've puttered with a few sewing projects.  I made an apron as a gift, using the same pattern I made up last year.  The fabric is a Alexander Henry print called "Jardin de los Muertos".  



And for me, out of some awesome veggie fabric and some other scraps, new hot pads.  Pretty basic and functional, but so much better and brighter than the dingy ones we had been using.



Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. This is a project on my list, too I made my potholders about 10 years ago, and the fabric cover has worn out, and the old pink wool blanket I used for filling is showing.

    Your fabrics are so cute! Love that chicken fabric especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a lot less time to make them than it did to make myself do it, ha! I love the chicken fabric too, someone gave me a fat quarter of it, and I found out later its the same designer as the veggie ones--so the colors even match!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. I have moderation on for older posts, but as long as you're not spam I'll publish it shortly, thanks!

Powered by Blogger.