spring ahead

Signs of spring are here, if you look hard enough. Earth, or at least mud, is emerging from snow (though there's still plenty of snow) and if you listen the birdsong has changed to courtship-- and there are some new arrivals too. We've spotted robins and I think a redwing blackbird. I found some chamomile seedlings in my garden beds and that means one less thing to start inside I guess. Weeds sprouting means the soil is warming up!

Inside spring is easier to find:



My first attempt at onions from seed is going well so far.



Lettuce getting ready to go in a hoop or cold frame soon.



Oregano, just up overnight.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. I have moderation on for older posts, but as long as you're not spam I'll publish it shortly, thanks!

Powered by Blogger.