a lack of restraint

I planted way too many cabbages.  (And lettuce, but that's another story...)  I squeezed 8 or 9 plants into this section of a 4 x 8 bed.  I did harvest the spinach in the middle today, so that's a little more room.



They're not even my favorite veggie to eat, but they are one of my favorites to grow.  I think they are beautiful in how they grow and form heads.

]


We'll probably harvest some early to make some space in there--I can use them now for stuffed leaves or some slaw. 


A lot is pretty in the yard right now.  Peonies (not my favorite flower, but very photogenic) are one of the only plants that were here when we moved in (these, a lilac, ancient honeysuckle, and the rhubarb!)

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. I have moderation on for older posts, but as long as you're not spam I'll publish it shortly, thanks!

Powered by Blogger.