back

I am not really good at this blogging thing, but I was excited about my garlic harvest and wanted to share...

IMG_1804

garlic harvest 2009

This is our first year of self-sufficiency with garlic. Last fall I planted a 4 x 8 bed of garlic from our own harvested bulbs, and the remainder lasted us until a few weeks ago, when we were able to harvest scapes from the patch. No skimping either, we used them liberally in all of our tomato sauce and salsa, pesto, etc. all summer and fall, and had cured bulbs hanging in the basement all winter long.

I haven't counted or weighed these up yet, but it seems comparable to last years harvest of 90+ heads.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. I have moderation on for older posts, but as long as you're not spam I'll publish it shortly, thanks!

Powered by Blogger.